I’ve managed to run up a massive backlog of posts, so some of the workdays in December and January will have to get only brief summaries and a few photos until I get back up to date – so here goes!
Just before Christmas we started work on the new tool shed. We had been donated an old 8′x8′ shed that needed a few new boards and new roof felt but that was otherwise sound. The first picture shows Karen clearing back the area we’d chosen for the shed between the caravan and the old willow tree.
With the soil roughly levelled out, we put down a layer of sand and cement in a dry 5:1 mix. The kids really enjoyed helping with this bit, happily pushing their little wheel barrow back and forth and pointing out to each other where the sand needed to go.
Then we started laying some large square slabs starting from the ‘highest’ corner of the levelled out sand!
Under expert supervision, we managed to get the slabs down and at least roughly level!
The final job then was to brush some sand/cement mix down in to all the cracks – another job the kids loved helping with
The team surverying their finished handiwork!