The Friends of Hempsals Community Farm has been set up to allow those of you who have a real interest in our farm to be more involved in the project.
- Come and join in with what is happening on the farm and meet the animals on Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings, by prior arrangement with Ben.
- Quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date with activities and progress on the farm
- First chance to purchase surplus produce such as pork, honey, eggs and vegetables.
- Friends social events
If you would like to join the Friends of Hempsals Community Farm then please make a donation today! The amount is voluntary but we suggest a minimum of £25 for one year’s membership.
Starting up the farm from scratch involves a lot of capital investment and it is hoped that income from the Friends will help towards getting the infrastructure in place that we need. Whilst our members pay for the day-to-day running costs they cannot fund the whole farm by themselves!
So far we have managed to build a top-bar bee hive, construct 3 pig arks and a goat house, fence off several fields, build a children’s play area and make several houses and runs for the geese, chicken and ducks (amongst many other projects).
Projects on the horizon include:
- A big barn for storage and for the pigs and goats to give birth in (and for members and friends to enjoy social events out of the wind and the rain!)
- A national bee hive for harvesting honey
- A home for the turkeys
- Fruit trees and bushes
For more information please contact Emma Tregenna on 01954 261775 or e-mail email@example.com